Wednesday 20 January 2016

Evaluation Question 4

How did you use new technologies in the constructions and research, planning and evaluation stages?



The use of new technology was vital to the construction of my research, planning and my product itself. I had knowledge and experience of some of these technologies which allowed me make the best products possible. The use of new technologies is a key factor in creating media, and therefore for me creating the product through the use of these technologies so they would look modern, professional and realistic.


Planning
In research, the internet was my best resource in terms of the research for all of my products. For example YouTube was very useful as I used it to watch both historical and contemporary music videos like 'Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean'. This helped supplement my initial research of music videos to identify conventions like titles but more importantly how music video's conformed to Goodwin's theory, for example how women are stereotypically the point of voyeurism from men or how there may be a relationship between lyrics and visuals. I Then watched other videos within the house genre and other electronic dance music e.g. 'My Love' by Route 94 to see the style of house music videos and what i would have liked to achieve with my music video. 

Production

In the construction of our music video, the most significant piece of equipment used was the Canon EOS 650D, allowing me to film in high definition producing sharp and professional footage, enabling us to film in a variety of locations and environments whilst still getting the best quality possible. The camera was versatile and in these different environments we were able to adjust the setting in accordance to the environment we were in; lighting settings.


Settings needed to be changed when filming in the day time and the night time, which was a main feature of our music video.


Final cut was used in the essential stage of post-production, a video editing soft ware which allowed me to use tools allowing me to trim, cut, copy and paste the recorded footage, adding transitions, effects and also music. The vast memory of the Apple Mac's i used allowed me to store vast amounts of footage which made the process easier and allowed us to use the same computer for the whole editing of the video. This helped us in the professional creation of the music video because it had the tools giving us the ability to shape the video the way we wanted.
I have used technology throughout the creation of my product and in the presentation of my evaluation of my product: combining Blogger, Final cut pro, Youtube, Powerpoint and Slideshare and Prezi, Using Powerpoint and uploading my slide onto slideshare, uploading my edited videos from Final cut pro onto Youtube and then all of these onto Blogger.

 -Close ups



                                 Mid shots-


 -Mid shot (Low angle)



Performance shots (high           angle)-


Our magazine advert and our Digipak

We used a Cannon 1100 D to capture the images we needed to create our magazine advert and our digipak. The quality of this camera and the variety of lenses allowed us to capture the highest possible quality photos which were highly professional and in turn made our print products professional. 

We then used the programme Photoshop which was very important in the post production phase. It allowed us to edit, alter and produce a realistic looking magazine advert and digipak; we added a curve to bring out the tones in the image, added a cooling filter then used the tones to bring some of the blueness down, lowered the brightness and added contrast between the brightness and I also duplicated layers and used a spot healing brush to get rid of any imperfections on the protagonists face, all little details coming together to create our final product.















Evaluation

I embedded multiple links into my Blogger, I've captured elements of my produts through screen grabs which enabled me to show in detail, how i created my products and looked into the quality they're captured in.

Through the use of technology i was able to evaluate my products effectively and give others an insight into the research, planning and creation of y Music video, magazine advert and digipak.


No comments:

Post a Comment